Rhubarb Chutney will keep for weeks in a sterilized airtight jar or days in our house if you’re lucky.
• 500g rhubarb
• 200g soft brown sugar
• 3 onions, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 2 bad boy chili (don’t be a wimp leave the seeds in)
• 100g tomatoes, chopped
• 1 handful fresh basil leaves
• 2 bottle Isaacs apple cider
• ½ cup red wine (drink the other half)
• 1 lemon, zest and juice
• 3 tsp root ginger ginger
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 3 cloves
• 2 dried bay leaves
• 3 green cardamom pods
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Place the oil in a pan add all the dried herbs and spices once it starts to pop add your onions, garlic fry
them without burning keep it moving once she starts to golden
2. Add your sugar move it around for 3 mins
3. Pour your cider on, add the rhubarb, and a splash of water in a pan, and cook on a medium heat until the
rhubarb is soft.
4. Add the, tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and zest.
5. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally, then simmer for about two hours, stirring frequently, until the
chutney is thick.
What a year!
Wish I worked with this guy!
I wonder if that's colder than a NZ winter?
He's got some moves! I couldn't do that at 5 years old...
We are giving away 2 tickets to Primal Getaway Dec 29th - 2nd Jan
You can be assured of an awesome summer of memories, new friends, an awesome Christian environment with inspiring speakers, worship, bands, dance parties, bonfires, cafe hangouts, sports, activities, camping, good food, chilling on the white sands and clear waters of cooks beach and the most epic New Year's Eve party they've ever been to, all while looking out across the breathtaking views of Mercury Bay!
What are you doing for New Years?
Tell us what your lamest New Year's was and you could be into win!
I hope I never find my self in thi situation...
Somehow this reminds me of cats purring...
He actually looks so stressed out my the whole thing!
Watch out for some great twists like this one in the Parashoot out this week!